The Top 20 Most Interesting Research Paper Topics About Music
Music is a blessing. It’s something that everybody enjoys, and anyone can feel. It’s the way the soul of the artist expresses itself into this dimension if it can’t be done through words. If you want to write a research paper about it, you will have to keep in mind that it will be pretty time consuming , but I suppose that won’t be such a big problem since you already have the necessary time to complete this task.
- Genres. There are multiple genres of music, so make sure you present them all and how they affect the listener. You can’t talk about taste in something with other people and hope you are right, because everybody is right in this particular area, so try to be objective and present all of them.
- The effects on the brain. Did you know that listening to music is the only activity that uses all of our brain? This is an interesting fact, and depending on the music, it can become quite a tool.
- History. Music has evolved in many ways try to present it’s “map”.
- Psychology of Music. There is an aspect regarding psychology here as well so make sure you write about it if you want an interesting research paper.
- Musicology. Yeah there is a science who is called musicology, fun fact. Make sure you try and research about it and see if it suits you.
- Music in Commercials. How it’s being used and why, how it affects the viewer, these are all things you should take into consideration.
- Using music for education. This will appeal greatly to the younger generation. They can’t learn a lesson in a hour, but if they hear a song for two or three times, they already know it all. So this might be a good and useful tool for any teacher that has the courage to “sing his lessons”.
- Music Theory.
- Music Therapy. It’s used around the world since ancient times.
- Famous musicians.
- Famous composers.
- Philosophy of Music. Yeah something like that exists.
- Different Era’s in music.
- Music in Films.
- Music from Shakespeare. It’s a classic writer, present it and analyze what it’s being used.
- The history of the piano
- Teaching music to the younger generation.
- Great women in music.
- Music from different countries.
planning and organizing
The paper overall should go above and beyond what is expected. This will get the professor’s attention in a good way. You need to make sure there are no errors and that the paper is well written. You may find some of the great tips on our website. If not, ask experts how to polish your paper on the following popular blogs.
If you have any question, be sure to contact us any time through email. Send us your question on firstname.lastname@example.org and get an answer promptly.
Essay about Informative Speech Outline About Music
809 WordsMay 12th, 20114 Pages
Coms 103: Informative Speech Outline
Specific Purpose: My audience will learn why music is healthy and beneficial to your health
Thesis Statement: Music is an essential part of our lives and is important to the development and health of your body.
Introduction I. Attention Getter: (Start speech by playing music, turning lights off, dancing a little?) So we all listen to music, it’s apart of our everyday lives. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who said they cant stand music.. and if I ever did I would call them out for lying. II. Audience Relevance: If your like me you cant go a day without listening to music and even when your not songs are usually flowing in your head. When your walking to class, getting ready to go…show more content…
Body I. Music Therapy: a. Music can be the best form of stress relief (if you actually enjoy listening to it) b. Music has been used by therapists to rehabilitate i. Has been proven to induce your brains levels of serotonin, dopamine and melatonin (feel good chemicals) ii. Can relax you and ease your mind c. Music therapy has been used for adult cancer patients and it significantly reduces emotional distress and boosts the patients quality of life. Same effect was had on war veterans with PTSD II. Physical Benefits: d. Music is instrumental in brain development because it uses both sides of your brain e. Early development teachers use music to improve the growth of a childs brain academically, emotionally, physically and spiritually. f. University of California did a study on children who are given music lessons. The 2nd grade students that were given music lessons scored 27% higher on proportion and fraction tests than those who did not receive lessons. g. Mozart effect (myth) III. Emotional Benefits: h. Music can trigger happy memories or moments in time i. Article in the Washington Post: music that we enjoy causes spikes in our dopamine and causes us to crave more of that good feeling, which keeps us listening to that genre and persuing the best of the best when it comes to our music taste. j. Pregnant women when listening to music share hormones